While we were still sinners Christ died for us. —Romans 5:8
Fannie May Candy Bars
Thank You to all who bought candy bars to support the Sanctuary Guild’s fundraiser. We sold 1664 bars and realized a profit of $832.00 (plus $26.00 in donations) in less than two months!
First Annual Spaghetti for Scholars Dinner
Christ Our Savior Catholic School
900 E 154th St, South Holland, IL (St. Jude Gym)
Sunday, March 30, 2014 from 12:00 Noon to 4:00 PM
- Tickets at the door: $8.00
- Call 708-333-8173 for advance tickets: $6.00
- Spaghetti with/without meatballs, salad, Italian bread, dessert, coffee
- Water and pop are extra
- Basket raffles, Easter egg raffles, split the pot chances
- Musical entertainment by Amani Sauti, COS Musical Group
All proceeds the COS Tuition Scholarship Fund.
Way of the Cross Through Downtown Chicago
- Good Friday, April 18, 2014
- Gathering at 8:45 AM at Daley Center (Dearborn/Washington)
- Ending by 12:00 noon at Holy Name Cathedral (State/Superior)
- Walking in silence following the Cross, with five stops for songs, meditations, and reading from the Passion.
Walking Humbly With Christ
It is tempting to think that when things are going well, God is pleased with us and when they aren’t, that we have done something wrong. Perhaps this kind of reasoning is more comfortable than taking responsibility for the choices we have made. Such an attitude is a disservice to God. God does not keep tally to determine rewards and punishments. God is constantly pouring His love and grace in the midst of good and bad times. During this Lenten season, believe and trust that God loves you all the time.
-Deacon Jim Renwick
Prevent Child Abuse Prayer Service
Please join us on April 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM at the Healing Garden, located at Holy Family Parish, 1080 W Roosevelt Road, Chicago, for a prayer service for preventing child abuse. The planting of pinwheels is a reminder that child abuse and neglect happen in every community and encourages us to focus on prevention as part of an overall plan to break the cycle of abuse.
Contact Lana Standard at 312-534-8793 for more info.
Holy Ghost Parish rejoices at the Baptism, on March 15, 2014, of Brayden James Brown, son of Richard and Ashley Giblin Brown of Joliet. May God bless this child and his family
Our Lady of Knock Activities
- Parish admission on March 30, 31, and April 1, 2014, beginning at 7:00 PM in the church. Presenter for the Mission will be Mr. Todd Williamson of the Archdiocesan Office for Divine Worship. Reconciliation on the last evening. Refreshments will be served each evening.
- Balmoral Racetrack Annual Fundraiser on Sunday, April 6, 2014. Dining Room opens at 6:00 PM, buffet dinner at 6:30 PM, first race at 7:10 PM. $35.00 per person. Raffles, split-the-deck, good food, races.
- Annual Blood Drive on Palm Sunday, April 13, 2014, from 8:00 AM to Noon in a mobile coach in the parking lot. Blood donors must be at least 17 years of age and weigh at least 110 pounds. Photo ID is required.
- Please call the OLK Rectory Office at 708-862-3011 for more information or to participate in any of these activities.
Contribution statements for 2013 will be available by calling the Rectory Office at 333-7011. Only requested statements will be mailed.
Pray for the Men and Women in the Armed Forces
- Com. Matthew Tardy, Navy
- Zachary Humberto, Navy
- Sgt. 1st Class Brian Blackmore, Army
- Adam Crisman, Army
- Jeffrey Crisman, Army
Stations of the Cross
We will have Stations of the Cross every Friday in Lent starting at 7:00 PM.
St. Andrew the Apostle Annual Bingo
The Ladies Rosary Confraternity of St. Andrew the Apostle Parish in Calumet City will hold its Annuak Bingo in the St. Andrew Gym (156th and Freeland) on Sunday, March 30, 2014. Everyone 18 years of age and older will be welcome. Doors open at 12:00 noon, with the first game to be called at 1:00 p.m. with cash prizes, food, and raffles. Admission is $3.00.
Proceeds from the Bingo will benefit St. Andrew the Apostle “Restoring our Home” campaign. For more information, call Barbara at 708-891-1069.
St. Irenaeus/Catholic Charities
207 S. Orchard Dr.
Park Forest, IL 60466
Saturday, March 29, 2014
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Open to suburban Cook County residents only. Questions? Call the Food Depository at 773-247-FOOD.